Wednesday, June 17, 2009

POP CULTURE: PARAMEDIC ASSAULTED BY STATE TROOPERS


IF YOU HAVEN’T HEARD ABOUT THE IGNORANT, RAGE-LADEN ATTACK ON A BLACK PARAMEDIC BY A COUPLE OF WHITE STATE TROOPERS A COUPLE DAYS AGO, CHECK OUT THE DETAILS BELOW. THERE IS ALSO VIDEO OF THE INCIDENT ON INSIDE EDITION’S WEBSITE. CHECK IT OUT WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE. CHEERS.

INSIDE EDITION VIDEO LINK: http://insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyId=3054

It was an extraordinary confrontation as a highway patrolman struggled violently with a paramedic while a patient inside the ambulance screams. The incident was caught-on-tape.

It all started when an Oklahoma highway patrol car, sirens blaring, passed the ambulance on the local interstate.

The officers felt the driver should have pulled over to let them pass and believed they saw the driver make an obscene gesture.

The incident was captured on the officers' dash cam.

Officer: I'm going to give you a ticket for failure to yield, and when I go by you and say, 'What's going on?' You don't need to give me no hand gestures now. I won't put up with that [expletive]. You understand me?

Paramedic: And I won't put up with you talking to my driver like that.

Officer: I ain't listening to you, buddy. You get your [expletive] back in that ambulance or I'll take you in. I'm talking to the driver.

Paramedic: Take me in if you would. We've got a patient in this unit right now.

Suddenly the confrontation turned physical.

Paramedic: I've got a patient in this...

Officer: Get your [expletive] around! Turn around! Turn around!

Officer: Hey! Hey! You better turn around now!

Inside the ambulance a woman was suffering from chest pains. Her relatives, in a car that was following the ambulance, joined in the argument. One started recording the drama with a cell phone.

Officer: You're going to jail, you understand me? You're under arrest.

Paramedic: Okay.

Officer: You are under arrest.

Paramedic: And I'm going to press charges for assaulting.

One patrolman put the paramedic in a choke hold.

Finally the police officers let the ambulance continue and did not arrest anyone. The patient recovered.

The drama fast became one of the most viewed videos on YouTube since the incident happened in May.

Patrolman Daniel Martin denies any wrong doing but has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment